Friday, March 5, 2010

A Slice of Life

This following may contain language not suitable for younger audience. This will be rated as for 16+

I got a sermon about drinking too much and it got me thinking or one of the phrases. Dad told me the measure of how much trouble I am is by the amount of bad things I've done. Thing was looking back at it, Uncle Allan (who is my mom's brother) drank 4 times what I could have and tells me to drink more. Admittedly, it was my fault that I drank but for some reason, it's always the less experienced fault.

Now, Uncle Allan or Bobet(as I and what my cousins call him) told us a few interesting things about the way we should live our life:

1.) "Plan the future fine but remember tomorrow is a lot more important than what is to come one year later."

Bobet explains about having to live our lives scheduled never works out. A life's goal isn't bad so long as we never lose sight of what is to happen tomorrow or at best the day after tomorrow. I argued about what about setting goals to be motivated but he countered it by saying so we schedule, then the day before you scheduled meeting; you get run over by a car. It made sense while at the same time, I just got more confused. He tells me that for him, the 1st choice that he makes at the start of the day is "what's the plan for tomorrow" or "Think of a plan about tomorrow for my yearly plan". We have a choice and usually we the whole reason we delay some problems is that instead of living each day as our last, we tend to view it as there's always a tomorrow.

2.) "I fuck around hoping to find a woman who has a horizontal opening rather than the usual vertical."

My 1st reaction was .... headdesk. I just laughed when he told me that and said that what he was looking for probably never existed or he will never find it. Thing was Bobet said that if that is his quest, who are we to judge. If he's looking for that extra-out-of-this-world woman, who are we to say that he should change his dream. He also told me that aren't I looking for that one extra-out-of-this-world that is not some random vegetable always saying yes dear. As much as I wanted to argue, I found that I couldn't.

3.)"In this business, people will talk to you more when you have a bottle in you because nowadays people when drunk tend to be more honest."

I wanted to say that was obvious when he countered saying that I was already looking at a person who is still sane despite downing 4 cases worth of Stallion Red Horse meaning even if a person drinks it's still possible that there's a bunch of hidden truths. Not that he's telling me to pry into people's business but makes me remember. Even honestly is something short lived.

4.)" I smoke and you friend smokes therefore you can smoke but if I catch you smoking after that I will beat the fuck out of you"

I asked about the whole... "what's the point of not smoking versus 2nd hand smoking questions".
I asked all of it. Conclusion, smoke if going to hang out with a bunch of smokers. Less damage to your lungs. So where am I getting here, the thing was Bobet tells me to smoke and not to smoke are both my choice and that even hanging out with smokers is also my initial choice. The result of our lives is not caused by whatever circumstances that God made. It's a simple choice game and only blame ourselves for what ever happens to us. Being born, no choice but everything else our choice including death.

I did learn a few things but if I were to live my life believing in that philosophy, I guess I'd end up like my uncle. Though he's probably hate me by even considering copying him. He keeps telling all of us (me and my cousins) that we are who we are and no amount of bullshit stereotype should even affect us since it's their view and not yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment